|For my guitar classes I developed a guitar course for beginners,
a course BOSSA NOVA AND SAMBA, and a collection of finger style guitar
arrangements. All courses include scores, tabs and video. I uploaded
some of my works to
Available in English and in Russian.
By Yury Gavrilov
BOSSA NOVA AND SAMBA
1. Students will learn how to play bossa nova, samba, and mix these styles with other Latin guitar styles:
· Rhythmical patterns and variations
· Chord melody
· Accompaniment with a band
· Accompaniment without a band playing bass lines with a thumb
· Finger style chord melody
· Basic improvisation
· Scales for the improvisation.
2. Students will learn how to use a computer and music software and hardware in music learning process.
3. Students will learn how to arrange their own compositions and how to record their own music with a computer.
At the end of the course students will be able to play melodies and accompaniment of the following songs, depending on the student:
1. CARNIVAL by Luiz Bonfa
2. CORCOVADO by Antonio Carlos Jobim
3. DESAFINADO by Antonio Carlos Jobim
4. DINDI by Antonio Carlos Jobim
5. THE DREAMER by Antonio Carlos Jobim
6. ESTATE by Bruno Martino, Joel E. Siegel
7. HOW INSENSITIVE by Antonio Carlos Jobim
8. GAVRILOVS AT THE BEACH by Yury Gavrilov
9. A MAN AND A WOMAN by Francis Lai, Pierre Barouh
10. ONE NOTE SAMBA by Antonio Carlos Jobim
11. SAMBA D'ORPHEUS by Luiz Bonfa
12. O GRAND AMOR by Antonio Carlos Jobim
13. ESTE SEU OLHAR by Antonio Carlos Jobim
14. TRISTE by Antonio Carlos Jobim
15. ONLY TRUST YOUR HEART by Benny Carter
16. BOSSA ROCHI by George Benson.
17. BLUE BOSSA by Kenny Dorham.
18. FLY ME TO THE MOON by Bart Howard
19. SUMMER SAMBA by M. Valle.
20. GIRL FROM IPANEMA by Antonio Carlos Jobim
21. MORE by Riz Oriolani and Nino Oliviero
22. WAVE by Antonio Carlos Jobim
23. IT'S ONLY A PAPER MOON by Harold Arlen
24. MOONLIGHT SERENADE by Glen Miller
25. NIGHT AND DAY by Cole Porter
26. S'WONDERFUL by George Gershwin
27. YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE by Stevie Wonder
To be ready for this course students need to know open-position chords and basic barre chords, to be able to read simple music in standard music notation and tablatures.
In addition to teacher’s instructions and demonstrations the course provides notation and tabs, video, audio, MIDI, PDF, JPG, and Guitar Pro files.
· The Brazilian Guitar Book by Nelson Faria,
· The Brazil Real Book,
· The Brazil Jazz Real Book,
· The New Real Book, Volumes I,II,III
· The Latin Real Book (Contemporary & Classic Salsa,Brazillian,Latin_Jazz) Guitar SongBook 1997
· Antonio Carlos Jobim for guitar tab, Wise Publication Co.,
· Bossa Nova, Tom Jobim, publisher Almir Chediak,
· Bossa Nova, Chico Barque, publisher Almir Chediak,
· Charlie Byrd - Jazz'n'Samba For Guitar The Music of A.C.Jobim,
· Brazilian Rhythms For Solo Guitar -by Flávio Henrique Medeiros & Carlos Almada
· Essential Rhythm Guitar by Steve Trovato
Each lesson might take from 1 to 3 weeks depending on student.
Introduction – teacher’s demonstration of a few samples.
GIRL FROM IPANEMA by Antonio Carlos Jobim
Please write me if you need more information.